Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reading Korean? Part 1

If you can't read Hangul, then reading my blog will probably make no sense. :)
Hangul is similar to English, and I'm probably not the best at it.
It's pretty hard to explain.
But you'll see.
Plus, I dont know the order of the Hangul Alphabet, so I'm pretty fail ;)

Constanants:
  • ㅂ >>>> B or P
  • ㅈ >>>> J or possibly but rarely CH
  • ㄷ >>>> D
  • ㄱ >>>> G or K
  • ㅅ >>>> S
  • ㅁ >>>> M
  • ㄴ >>>> N
  • ㅇ >>>> NG when used at the end. or Silent
  • ㄹ >>>> R or L
  • ㅎ >>>> H
  • ㅋ >>>> K
  • ㅌ >>>> T
  • ㅊ >>>> CH
  • ㅍ >>>> P
Vowels:
  • ㅗ <<<< O
  • ㅛ <<<< YO
  • ㅓ <<<< EU
  • ㅕ <<<< YEU
  • ㅏ <<<< A
  • ㅑ <<<< YA
  • ㅐ <<<< AE
  • ㅒ <<<< YAE
  • ㅔ <<<< EA
  • ㅖ <<<< YEA
  • ㅣ <<<< I or EE
  • ㅡ <<<< EU or Silent
  • ㅜ <<<< OO or U
  • ㅠ <<<< YOO or YU
*please note that these are estimate pronounciations and not exact, you'll see what I mean*

No comments:

Post a Comment