Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recommended Korean Dramas

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but the number of drama's I've watched in my life time cannot be counted on my fingers and toes...
Here are a few that I recommend. Note that some bias may apply because there are some actors/actresses that I adore.

My favourite Korean drama of all time: Queen Inhyun's Man



Let me start by saying I love tall guys. I love tall guys in beanies. I love Yoo Inna and Ji Hyunwoo. I love the fact that they're dating in real life and I love them as a couple, on screen and off screen. I think the fact they fell in love while filming is a good enough reason to watch this drama. It's so perfect.

The drama jumps between a Sageuk drama (Olden day times, forgot the actual word) and Modern Day time. It's more of Modern though. I'll admit that I skipped a lot of parts where it was from the past...It's so romantic, witty and amazing. The drama is only 16 episodes so it's not as long as a normal structured 20-24 episode mini series but it's enough to make me giggle with joy. If you like romantic dramas, this is it!



Sorry for the kiss spoiler, but there's much more in the drama for you to be surprised about. Personally, drama kisses make or break the drama for me. They're either really fake (side kiss/not really touching) or actually really real. You'll see what I mean. It's definitely not as popular because it did air on TVN (A newer cable in Korea nothing as big as a KBS, MBC, or SBS) but TVN's been popping out good dramas like crazy lately. This was just one of their firsts. 

Anyway, Yoo Inna and Ji Hyunwoo, please remain happy forever. I think if they break up I will seriously cry. Definitely give this drama a watch! It's very good! Promise.

My favourite oldie drama: Goong or Palace or Princess Hours(궁)



This drama definitely has a famous cast now. Do you recognize them? Song Jihyo on the left who stars in Running Man as a part of their fixed cast. One half of Monday Couple! Joo Jihoon on the right of Jihyo who got reported for a drug bust, went to the army and came back with Five Fingers recently. I still love him. My love for him will never die. Yoon Eunhye second from the right. If you don't know her, you obviously haven't watched a lot of dramas. Kim Junghoon on the right, doesn't really exist in the Korean eye any more cause he got busted for something, don't really remember. But I still love this drama.

IT'S REALLY OLD. But it's so good. Joo Jihoon plays a prince in modern days who is forced to marry an average girl who is played by Yoon Eunhye's character. They fall in love even though they hate each other in the beginning, typical drama happenings. However, this drama is totally different and the twists in the story line will keep you hooked. 

Though this drama aired in 2006, seven years ago, I still wish that Joo Jihoon and Yoon Eunhye were dating in real life. Not happening though.

Give the drama a watch. The kisses are really real too ;)

The dramas that made it big: Secret Garden and Boys Over Flowers

Legendary drama. There was F4 fever for a couple years. I can still sing the theme song. "Almost Paradise!~" If you don't know the definition of the term "flower boy," you'll know after watching this drama. Best entertainment value if you watch dramas on Viki and turn the comments on because people make pretty funny comments about EVERYTHING. Kim Joon, Kim Bum, Lee Minho, Goo Hyesun, Kim Hyunjoong. Beautiful cast. If you haven't heard of this drama, watch it now.


Legendary drama version two. The body switching, hilarious drama that is Secret Garden. Hyunbin, Ha Jiwon, Kim Sarang, Yoon Sanghyun, Phillip Lee and my favourite actress Yoo Inna! This drama will always be in my top five. The little things in this drama are so cute and lovable. It's definitely recommended. 

Honourable mentions:
Rooftop Prince
The Women Who Still Cannot Marry
Nice Guy
Miss You

Currently Watching:
Queen of Ambition
Flower Boy Next Door (Hilarious)

Listen to this!

Soo good.

Kthxbaii,
Please watch!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment